I have to say that my New Year so far has been a challenging one and we are only 18 days in. I have had a lot of time to reflect on how I need to change this year and what that means.
Change isn’t easy. If it was, everyone would do it and there wouldn’t be a booming self-help book market for all the ways we can change.
I don’t make the typical New Year resolutions. Don’t get me wrong, I used to , but this year things are different. This year I am making it all about me and what I need to be happy with myself.
So, what am I doing? Here is my list of things I am doing for 2019:
- Say buh-bye to people who no longer have a place in my life. The end of 2018 and the beginning of 2019 showed me who was really there for me and my family and the others were just there to be nosy. Those who stayed with me in the good and bad times are keepers is my new motto.
- Letting go of the small stuff. IT DOESN’T MATTER!!!
- Not letting others make me feel bad for their actions (or lack there of).
- I am allowed to change. I am allowed to not have the same interests I had last year, 5 years ago and so on. I am allowed to evolve.
- I will expand my knowledge. I will read more, attend classes, explore and be open to new things (even if they are out of my comfort zone).
- I will no longer hate my body.
- I will allow quiet time for self-care and not feel bad about it.
- I will write more.
- I will go on more adventures.
- I will no longer give a fuck about things that do not bring me joy. I’m saving my fucks for magical shit. (yes, I have a mouth of a sailor)
I am sure this list will evolve and as things get accomplished, new things may be added, but this is what I am focusing on right now.
Take some time to check in with yourself and see what list you can come up with. I hope you can accomplish some magical things this year.
Love and Light,